About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced COLOG Officer.
Responsible for retail, warehouse and logistic operations with a focus on driving customer service excellence, managing phone servicing, supporting sales allocations and inventory management.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Timely providing storing orders to transporters based on 72 hours pre-alert for container drop-off for transit containers, and on loading date from the port for local import.
- For containers out of free days, processing payments of detention charges to obtain storing order and allowing container drop-off, avoiding P&L costs due to slow Co-Log payment processes.
- Receive, analyse and organize the payment of detention invoices received from shipping lines. Analysis work on responsibilities sharing (on container life cycle)
- Identify risks by shipping lines/clients.
- Timely opening of files in the system.
- Tracking of shipments from Shipping line Websites & getting Cargo manifest.
- Handing-Over documents at Declaration for entries registration.
- Follow-up of Shipping line charges & its payments, compiling documents for S/line Release.
- Ensuring the Delivery orders are in place by the time entry has passed.
- Follow up on cargo verification & Release at ICD.
- Registration of Pick-up order & Printing of Barcodes after Cargo has been Custom released.
- Preparing daily status reports for all Clients handling which is shared internally.
- Preparing daily status report to Individual Clients.
- Attending to emails on enquiries.
- Handing over files for Billing after Cargo clearance.
- Follow up of empty Containers after Cargo has been offloaded by ensuring same returned to the Container depot.
- Follow up of Empty Container deposits from shipping line.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Degree holder in Logistics and Freight Forwarding or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding industry.
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A team player with a positive attitude, attention to detail and can work long hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.