JOB TITLE: GROUP BUSINESS CONTROLLER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Group Business Controller.
Reporting to the Group CFO the group business controller is to maintain the financial model of the group and provide leadership in the budgeting/planning/forecasting process, capital allocation decisions, long-term planning, and business performance reviews. Leads the preparation of materials for the board/shareholders/funders meetings and ad-hoc requests. Identifies variances to expectations and acts as a steward of group resources in obtaining efficiencies and value for money. Acts as the main group contact in Due Diligence questions/data rooms.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
Budgeting and planning
- Drive the annual process of budget preparation and regular update.
- Coordinate inputs to the budget from various business heads across the Company.
- Challenge inputs/assumptions
- Monthly update of actuals and comparative variance analysis against the budget and prior year
- Prepare management reports for the monthly management meetings
Capital allocation decisions/Group financial model
- Develop the long-term financial model for the Company.
- Coordinate with business heads on the key assumptions for the valuation. Challenge key assumptions where necessary
- Present results of the valuation modeling: NPV, IRR, Payback period, break-even point, tornado, charts etc
- Whenever requested run multiple scenarios for the valuation
- Perform valuation of the business using methods other than DCF
- Perform valuation of specific investments which the Group undertakes. Present/defend the results to the senior management
Business performance reviews
- Prepare information for regular business performance reviews
- Annalise and interpret data, identify trends, convert data into information and share with management
Management information for the board/shareholders/funders
- Liaise with departments and leadership across the group.
- Prepare management information for the board/shareholder/funders
- Prepare information for ad-hoc requests from board/shareholders/funders o Identify and track agreed KPIs and prepare summary explanations.
- Provide financial/business information for the purposes of draw down notes to Follow up on requests from board/shareholders/funders.
- Focus on accuracy and high standards from subsidiaries.
- Provide support on other ad-hoc requests from the management
- Continuously learn industry best practices and implement them in the company.
ACADEMIC /PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Sciences
- A master’s degree in managerial/financial courses is an added advantage
- CFA/CPA/ACCA qualification is an advantage
- Advanced valuation and financial modelling skills. Ability to build complex models from scratch
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced Excel (inc. Power Query) and presentation skills
- Power BI, SQL, and Python programming skills are an advantage
- Ability to perform under pressure and toward strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. Confident in presenting to senior management, shareholders, and funders
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Curious and interested in business, able to see the story behind the figures
- Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities and remain calm, and in control even under pressure.
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a financial analyst in banks, Big4, PE’s, or corporates.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.