JOB TITLE: BACKEND SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Backend Software Developer to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
Develop and maintain software systems that support Circle Gas operations so that they deliver a fast, reliable, and secure customer experience.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Operations and Services) to ship scalable software solutions.
- Write high-quality code that satisfies requirements and strives for simplicity, clarity, and testability.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and work closely with colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, and end users) to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Investigate and propose solutions to development and design problems.
- Participate in scope of work estimation and forecasting.
- Adhere to architecture, design, implementation, and security standards and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews or use collaborative programming techniques to promote high quality business outcomes.
- Conduct analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
- Implement unit and integration tests and conduct functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- Enhance development processes and tool chain to move towards CI/CD (continuous integration and delivery)
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Qualifications in one or more software languages
- AWS qualifications an advantage.
- Some experience developing webfront ends using PHP, HTML and CSS
- Developed and launched applications on Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) especially using microservices architectures
- Experience with designing tables/schemas in relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dyanamo DB)
- Working knowledge of REST API development for mobile/web use
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Ability to work in a distributed team
- Working knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experienced working with CI/CD pipelines
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
3-7 years coding in one of the following: Node JS, Typescript or Python
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.