JOB TITLE: FACILITY MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Facility Manager to work in Nairobi.
The Facility Manager is responsible for preventive, corrective and refinement activities of the assigned store. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring that the store assets are fully functional and maintained regularly as per the standard set by the company while being in line with the country standards and regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, schedule and report all maintenance activities in coordination with the store and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operation
- Prepare team schedule to execute operation requirements on time
- Plan store assets periodical inspection in line with annual maintenance plans and agreement terms
- Prepare maintenance operating expenses & critical maintenance requirements for the management in coordination with the Finance team
- Prepare the store assets annual preventive maintenance plan and share with the function manager
- Implement energy reduction initiatives regularly and frequently
- Liaises with vendors and suppliers regarding any maintenance activities which cannot be performed by the store team or country facilities team to ensure that the work is delivered as per the requirements and the agreed timeline
- Report any issues related to contractor’s performance for timely resolution and continuous improvements
- Manage the stock of maintenance consumables and critical spare parts to ensure its availability at all times
- Respond to incidents in a timely manner and take appropriate actions in case of emergencies when needed
- Distribute daily maintenance tasks across the reporting team in line with employee capabilities and knowledge
- Follow up with the facilities team the execution of preventive maintenance planning
- Ensure that all documents related to maintenance and equipment activities are documented and updated as per internal guidelines
- Review, analyze and submit reports to management while recommending areas for improvement when required.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic knowledge is preferable
- 5+ years relevant experience in the area of Facility Management and Maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong initiative drive and sound organizational skills
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good project management skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.