JOB TITLE: ELECTRICIAN
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Electrician to work in Nairobi.
Management of Electrical supply and distribution, switchgear, and control systems involving maintenance, technical inspection, acceptance testing/handover, and third party service supervision, spares requirement assessment, pre-purchase technical appraisal, and annual equipment replacement plan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and updating of Electrical drawings during ongoing remodeling and renovations
- Provide technical support for electrical systems and equipment throughout the including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance;
- Provide specific advisory/attendance to consultants and procurement teams on new applicable trends and compatibility of systems.
- Promptly respond to system/equipment Breakdown Maintenance Liaison between AKU and service/maintenance contractors/teams
- Timely completion of Preventive Maintenance (PPM) for electrical system/equipment
- Liaison with user Departments for maintenance activities and report to supervisor on issues arising.
- Participate in electrical quality assurance and Control audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Electrical engineering or Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must be computer literate and well versed in MS packages (word, excel, PowerPoint, projects, AutoCAD, outlook, internet)
- At least two years of experience in a construction company with a similar position.
- “O” level certificate with a minimum of “C” grade or equivalent
- Competent in technical operation and maintenance of HV/LV distribution, switchgear and controls, Diesel generators, steam boilers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity and reliability;
- Very good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to overcome performance barriers.
- Willingness to learn & teach
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision has initiative and is proactive
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously
- Good grooming and self-presentation
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.