- Manage and report daily cash balance, update daily scrap purchase on the system with the support of accountants and enter relevant entries in accounting journal as per set accounting procedure
- Maintain books of accounts for government, liaise for half-yearly audit with government and ensure timely submission of reports to external firms
- Create liability for payments i.e. importation, accounts receivable payable, and make a relevant entry for the same in the system as per set accounting procedure
- Ensure timely submission of taxes and manage other relevant government processes and mail NWC reports on a weekly basis
- Prepare and provide relevant documentation for local payments through banks, handle the preparation of statements for tax on salary and VAT withholding tax
- Perform additional accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time as instructed by the senior accountant / Management.
- Raise purchase order as per prescribed importation procedure, handle and manage documentation of purchase orders completed
- Punch purchase order, apply for a license with respect to importation and provide information regarding the license and supplier invoice (on receiving) to the supplier
- Submit invoice to clearing agent, punch invoice into the system, process insurance for high sea on a weekly basis and prepare goods received a note in the system under the supervision of the finance manager
- Manage invoice postings of supplier material, daily scrap payable list, follow up for invoices from suppliers and with sales/debtors for payments
- Order and follow up with supplier, track shipments and manage local shipping process; Identify problematic cases to logistics team conduct troubleshooting for the same
- Coordinate with India team for shipping process and complete documentation for importation; Maintain track of stock
- Manage sales accounting, receive orders, and update the same in the order book as per set accounting standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of automated accounting software systems (Tally preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Interested & qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14th February 2022.