Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited-STEEL WORKS
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Steel Works.
- Measure, fabricate, cut, weld and shape steel parts such as girders, columns and frames using equipment including shears, welding tools and torches
- Hoist steel parts to their appropriate location, ensuring proper alignment and positioning and bolting them into place
- Assemble and use equipment, including setting up cable and chain systems, for hoisting or moving steel parts and disassemble it after completion of the task
- Follow blueprint and instructions from supervisors to perform all tasks involved in assembly of steel structures; communicate with supervisors and coworkersto ensure smooth teamwork
- Notify supervisors immediately of safety or structural concerns
- Take apart structures or equipment in accordance with directions and standard operating procedure; repair steel components in older structures
- Direct crane operators as they move and position steel components
- Drill holes and align parts with framework in preparation for riveting; use tools including levels, laser tools and plumb bobs to ensure precise alignment
Job Skills & Qualification
- Completed steel worker apprenticeship
- Proficient in use of tools, including welding equipment, laser levels, jacks and metal shears
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
- Able to work at extremely great heights, including top levels of skyscraper
- Excellent work ethic
- Basic proficiency in use of office software
- High school diploma or equivalentMetals together.
How to apply:
- Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to email@example.com
- Kindly mark your application as “Application ‘Steel Works“ In the subject line of your email.
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Friday 27th September 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification