About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Kampala based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Senior Procurement Officer
The Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient procurement management function of the organization. He/ She will be responsible for setting up of a robust procurement and disposal system with the view of promoting the company’s performance. He/she will be the head of the PDU and will manage and maintain an effective and an efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities to ensure that the Company’s objectives are met. He will provide technical assistance and support to the Management Board, staff and the Contracts and other committees on all procurement and disposal matters and give the necessary professional support to all the organization departments. He/ She will lead and contribute to the development and implementation of the organization strategies through the establishment of sound procurement and disposal policies and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and manage the Procurement and Disposal Unit of the organization
• Develop the procurement and disposal strategic and operational plans, policies and standard operating procedures.
• Consolidate the departmental Procurement requirements of the organization
• Manage the procurement system and processes of the organization
• Maintain a database of all the pre-qualified service and product suppliers of the organization
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with the organization suppliers,
• Liaise with the departmental staff to track resource utilization in order to avoid stock-outs.
• Engage user departments to develop monthly procurement plans for business operation’s needs.
• In liaison with the Finance department, prepare monthly cash forecasts for the procurement and disposal department.
• Develop quarterly demand forecast for inventory items.
• Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies that reduces supply risk while leveraging volumes to obtain the lowest price
• In liaison with the Contracts Committee, identify both local and foreign companies to supply goods and services the organization.
• In liaison with the Contracts Committee, determine, in accordance with the procurement policy and processes, the correct sourcing strategy based on the value and the nature of the goods or services required.
• Take lead in the development of Request for Quotations (RfQs), Invitations to Bids (ITB) or Request for Proposals (RFP) in collaboration with the user departments.
• Ensure RFQs or other sourcing documents are circulated in a transparent way that guarantee competitive sourcing.
• Guiding the evaluation of quotations for the provision of goods and services according to the set procedures and frameworks.
• Ensure quality, value for money for all the procured and disposed items.
• Ensure that suppliers offer after-sale services and guarantees for goods and services are applied and respected.
• Participate and guide management in the business development/ bidding exercises for jobs.
• Develop and update supplier performance monitoring tools and processes.
• Receiving and compiling bids in line with procurement procedures.
• Ensuring that items and services procured are delivered on time in line with the signed documents.
• Undertake any other relevant assignment as directed by the Management
Qualification and experience
• An Honor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management OR Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Accountancy, Finance, Commerce, Statistics, Law or any other business or relevant related field with a Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement from a recognized University
• Possession and Membership of a professional qualification in procurement (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) is a MUST.
• Working experience of at least 7 years in a Procurement Field of a busy Commercial, Private of Public entity.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Accountancy, Logistics Management, Law or related discipline shall be a greater advantage
Work Based Skills and Competencies:
• Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
• Demonstrable ability to be organized, proactive, committed and service minded,
• Demonstrable ability to handle supply chain/ logistics management is a plus
• Ability to prioritize workload, use initiative and work independently
• Computer literacy skills
• Good communication and interpersonal relations skills
• Familiarity with Uganda’s Public Procurement frameworks/ guidelines.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Senior Procurement Officer “In the subject line of your email.
The interested candidates should submit their application and CV not later than 5:00 pm, April 1st-2019
only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com