About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Kampala based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced
Job Purpose: To provide professional accounting, financial management and tax computation services to the organization. The job holder will monitor and supervise the outsourced bookkeeping and payroll management function. S/he will also be responsible for insourcing of book-keeping and payroll at a later stage. S/he will maintain and update the Chart of Account according to the business use cases. S/he will conduct regular monthly financial reporting of KPIs and establish quarterly forecasts. S/he will handle the Company and staff tax issues together with the associated Tax Consultant. S/he will establish yearly budgets including; headcount together with the management. Prepare and support financial audits as required.
Main roles and responsibilities
• Preparation of the annual budget and ensuring effective tracking, verification and reporting of budget variances;
• Reporting to the Organization Management by summarizing actual / year-to-date financial status of the company and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow statement and other KPI reports.
• Regular annual forecasting of revenue / EBIT / Net Income / Cash flow / Working Capital (on quarterly basis)
• Managing and Supervising Financial Year End Closing in close cooperation with External Auditors
• Establishing accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Preparation of price calculations for generation of customer offers (according to the applicable cost recovery method of the JV contract)
• Supervision of external accounting, tax and payroll services.
• Recommendation of financial actions by analysing accounting options.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal and tax requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
• Provide guidance to accounting staff by giving appropriate directives, coordinating activities and answering questions
• Advise project cost accounting and conduct related project cost controlling
• Prepare and execute the insourcing project for all accounting, taxation and payroll activities
• Maintain a control system of funds, liquidities and working capital (short- / mid-term)
• Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
• Regular performance of accounting transactions such as debit/credit notes, payroll transfers, cash outflows, and cash management with the bank
• Ensure that the financial document management system is current and properly maintained (opening, closing, classification, access control, circulation, filing, etc.)
• Maintain confidentiality of all files, documents and proprietary/sensitive information;
• Conduct annual inventory of the fixed assets
• Conduct regular reconciliation of the bank accounts
• Management and monitoring of Petty Cash
• Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
• Document financial transactions by entering account information
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
• Prepare travel & entertainment reimbursement
• Preparation / execution of account postings
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration majoring in Accounting of Finance,
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Controlling,
• An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA or CIMA,
• Professional experience: at least 5 years of experience in reputed private company,
• Wide range of fundamental experience in financial accounting and controlling,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
• Familiarity with ERP system (e.g. Sage, SAP, etc.),
• Familiarity with IFRS regulations, local GAP and PFMA.
Work Based Skills and Competencies:
• Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English,
• A very high standard of personal integrity,
• Factual minded,
• Good communication and interpersonal relations skills,
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required,
• Demonstrable ability to be organized, proactive, committed and service minded,
• Ability to prioritize workload, use initiative and work independently,
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including managing, interpreting, and manipulating large data sets.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Senior Accountant “In the subject line of your email.
The interested candidates should submit their application and CV not later than 5:00 pm, April 1st-2019
only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com