About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Senior Superintendent to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Superintendent is responsible for managing site supervision and coordinating the day-to-day construction activities of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORs.
- The Senior Superintendent will be a key focal point between field engineering, site supervision and Lot Manager for communicating construction issues & solution within respective allocated work scope packages.
- They will ensure work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary/Professional qualification in construction management or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications/certifications that support the construction management and execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- A minimum of 20 years of greenfield pipeline construction experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- 10~15 years of construction experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; field engineering, interface, construction and commissioning readiness.
- Experience working with and analysing construction data to create accurate reporting KPI’s and progress status back to the project management team.
- Competency and proven experience within Worley or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, risk controls and site HSE requirements
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and objectives.
- Strong planning and organising skills including ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge in the interpretation of engineering drawings, plans, specifications, interface matrix
- Demonstrated knowledge of critical path and key milestones within the construction planning programs
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of ASME, API, ISO, ANST with regard to pipeline works
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of GIS mapping, pipeline ROW’s and plant coordinates
- General knowledge of system/sub-systems testing, commissioning and completions management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of flange management and structural bolt torquing requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of pipeline hydro-testing, flushing, cleaning and box-up.
- Comprehensive knowledge managing LOTO and energy isolation requirements between area packages.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate “best for project” decisions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and supporting their challenges.
- Staff management skills in mentoring and motivation techniques for developing secession planning.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-SST SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.