About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Supervisor-EIT Specialist to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Supervisor–EIT Specialist (Electrical, Instrument and Telecommunications) Systems’ is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day general construction activities of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORs for the installation and commissioning of electrical, instrumentation, telecom’s infrastructure, HVAC and security systems within the AGI, MST facilities and along the pipeline.
- They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualification (BS) in electrical/instrumentation/telecom’s engineering or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management, execution, and commissioning of the EITS scopes within the onshore pipeline and related AGI and MST facilities packages
- A minimum of 10 years of E&I construction experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- 8-10 years of E&I experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; electrical engineering, interface, construction, completions, and commissioning readiness.
- Experience in reviewing construction metrics to create accurate reporting KPI’s to verify progress status
- Competency and proven experience within Worley or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- General knowledge of codes and standards such as; ISO, IEC, NFPA,
- Demonstrated proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, plans and specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge working on HV/MV/LV power systems, MCC, and sub-stations installations
- Demonstrated knowledge working on instrumentation controls, ICSS, SCADA installations
- Demonstrated knowledge working on pre-fab modular buildings and HVAC system installations
- Demonstrated knowledge working on telecoms, fibre, backbone, and CCTV network installations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with LOTO and electrical isolation procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, risk controls and site HSE requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of system/sub-systems testing, commissioning and completions management
- Understanding of critical path and key milestones within the construction planning programs
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and objectives.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate E&I construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their performance.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-SEA SUPERVISOR EIT SPECIALIST”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.