About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Quality Advisor (Civil/Structural Street) to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
The Preservation Supervisor reports functionally to the QC Lead and administratively to the Construction Quality Manager and has the responsibility of co-ordinating the day-to-day preservation activities of the allocated Lot construction quality staff and CONTRACTORs site works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Civil & Structural Quality Advisor is responsible for Supervision of the day-to-day construction activities of the EPCMC staff & CONTRACTORs. They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Supervise the execution of civil and structural works ensuring full compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures and verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame.
- Provide supervisory support the CONTRACTOR to report on a daily basis on progress and activities
- Assist contractors for the correct interpretation of the drawings, providing support in the solution of technical problems
- Verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with the project specifications, highlighting any engineering problems encountered in the field.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification (HNC/HND) combined with extensive field experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in large scale construction projects, preferably in Oil & Gas or other linear projects with Structural expertise.
- Must possess construction experience in ground preparation, Civil Engineering, earth works and structures experience.
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to delegate & set tasks
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Computer Skills – Microsoft office,
- Competency in written/oral communication
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-QCS QUALITY ADVISOR CIVL/STRUCTURAL”
Deadline for applications is not later than
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.