About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Quality Advisor (3) to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Quality Advisor (EITS/Telecom/LLHT) with expertise in Oil pipeline transmission systems, pumping stations, storage / terminal facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the construction team to interpret the Approved for Construction design and assist to respond to formal construction queries.
- Assist construction supervisors during installation, testing, commissioning and maintain communications systems and equipment. Be familiar with telecom systems such as: Optical Transport Network Systems; Data Network & telephony system; PAGA central equipment and field equipment; VHF Radio systems; RADAR and AIS System; Access Control and Personal on-Board System Equipment; CCTV System – Cameras; Satellite link system; Structured cabling..
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree, or equivalent, in related subject or equivalent trade qualification combined with further relevant training and experience.
- Experience within a Field Engineering role in the same or similar environment. Those with degree typically have 5+ years relevant experience. Those with trade qualifications will typically have 10+ years relevant experience.
- Membership of a related Professional Institution or body preferred.
- Familiarity with Project H3SE and Quality requirements, always aiming for Zero Accidents and Zero Significant Quality Incidents
- An understanding and or interpretation of the specific contract scopes or work.
- Strong understanding of home discipline engineering and deliverables.
- Strong understanding of home discipline installation / construction techniques and approaches.
- Good communication skills to be able to inform and persuade on complex matters as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
- Ability to interpret Local, National and Project design codes and specifications.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-QCE QUALITY ADVISOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.