About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Quality Supervisor (EIT) to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
The QC Supervisor – EIT (Electrical, Instrument and Telecommunications) systems reports functionally to the QC Lead and administratively to the Construction Quality Manager and has the responsibility of co-ordinating the day-to-day quality activities of the allocated construction quality staff and CONTRACTORs regarding the compliance of EIT installation site works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualification (BS) in electrical/instrumentation/telecom’s engineering or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management, execution, and commissioning of the IET packages within the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure scopes.
- A minimum of 12-year electrical/instrumentation inspection related working experience including at least 8 years’ proven work experience as QA/QC electrical supervisor or quality engineer in the oil & gas industry.
- Previous Quality assurance/engineering experience and demonstrated knowledge/use of Quality tools/methodologies.
- Experience in reviewing field quality metrics to create accurate reporting KPI’s to verify compliance trends
- Competency and proven experience within Worley or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, risk controls and site HSE requirements
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and quality objectives.
- General knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as; IEC, NFPA,
- Demonstrated proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting HV/MV/LV power systems, MCC, and sub-stations installations.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting telecoms, fibre, backbone, and CCTV network installations.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting instrumentation controls, ICSS, SCADA installations.
- General knowledge inspecting pre-fab modular buildings and HVAC/FAP control system installations
- Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA); data-driven decision, risk analysis, analytical reporting
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate E&I construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their performance.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-QCE QUALITY SUPERVISOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.