About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Health and Industrial Hygiene Inspector (2)to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and participate in Health and Hygiene related Risk Assessments and ensure all matters Health and Hygiene are in compliance with Project and International standards with specific emphasis to:
- Occupational Health Programs – such as fitness to work, health surveillance etc.
- Health Promotion Programs
- Camps and Kitchens
- Vector Control Programs
- Water Quality Assurance
- Infectious Disease Outbreak Support Management investigations
- Wellness Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Program
- Participate and provide input to the development of targeted H&S Improvement Plans and associated support documents. Ensure H&S alignment with approved Plans.
- Build and maintain solid and pro-active relationships. Engage with management representatives, Field Contractors, and subcontractors.
- Participate in project start up work – (including project mobilization and early works). Ensure thorough contractor Health and Hygiene (H&H) assessments as required and timely execution.
- Responsible for the oversight and assurance to implementation and maintenance of the Project H2SE Management Program.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Hygiene or 3 years exposure
- Recognized Certification in the above fields
- 2 years or more of Occupational Health and Hygiene exposures regarding Health and Hygiene.
- It would Preferred to have Occupational Health, Public Health and Camp/ Kitchen/ Food and Beverage exposure.
- Knowledgeable regarding Occupational Health, Public Health, and Hygiene
- Knowledge of communicable diseases such Tuberculosis, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Pandemic Flu, and vaccine preventable diseases Exposure to Occupational Health Control Practices e.g., noise, dust, fumes, heat stress, indoor air quality programs
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-HIS HEALTH AND INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE INSPECTOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.