About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Health and Industrial Hygiene Specialist to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Health & Industrial Hygiene Specialist will participate & provide input to the development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans & associated support documents & ensure HSE alignment with approved Plans.
- Build & maintain solid relationships & engage with management representatives, Company, & Partners.
- Participate in project Go/No-go HSE / R3 reviews for project mobilisation.
- Ensure thorough contractor HSE assessments, evaluations & pre-qualifications as required.
- Facilitate & participate in HSE Risk Assessments & ensure all sites & offices are covered by robust and comprehensive Environmental Management Plans as applicable.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Hygiene (OHH) with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in an OHH related field, or Company agreed discipline qualifications supporting the OHH management for construction execution of onshore pipeline and related facilities work scopes
- In the absence of a Diploma, this position requires an additional eight (5~8) years of OHH experience and the appropriate certifications in regulatory, management systems and OHH training programs within the oil and gas industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of requirements of OSHA, NIOSH, ISO 31000
- 8 years of OHH experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; remote contractor construction camps, field sanitary, water processing and waste management facilities
- Experience in analysing OHH data to report accurate KPI’s and potential non-compliance status
- Competency and proven experience within Worley or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety compliance, risk controls and site HSE hierarchy
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and Industrial Hygiene objectives.
- Knowledge of project HSE strategy and commitments regarding industrial hygiene compliance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of OHH, plans, policies and regulatory compliance
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements such as occupational health and hygiene compliance regulations, communicable disease and local public health hazard controls.
- Knowledge and experience with food safety and general sanitation of site-based camps and facilities
- Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA); data-driven decisions, HSE risk analysis and analytical reporting
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate hygiene concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their OHH performance.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-HHA HEALTH AND INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE SPECIALIST”
Deadline for applications is not later than
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.