About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Environment Lead to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Environmental Lead will participate & provide input to the development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans & associated support documents & ensure HSE alignment with approved Plans.
- Build & maintain solid relationships & engage with management representatives, Company, & Partners. Participate in project Go/No-go HSE / R3 reviews for project mobilisation.
- Ensure thorough contractor HSE assessments, evaluations & pre-qualifications as required.
- Facilitate & participate in HSE Risk Assessments & ensure all sites & offices are covered by robust and comprehensive Environmental Management Plans as applicable.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate field of environmental science is preferred, with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in an environmental related field, NEBOSH Diploma or Company agreed discipline qualifications supporting the HSE management for construction execution of onshore pipeline & related facility scopes
- In the absence of a four (4) year degree in an appropriate field of Environmental study, this position requires an additional eight (8) years of related environmental experience and the appropriate safety certifications in regulatory, management systems and training programs within the oil and gas industries.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001, ISO 31000
- 8 years of environmental supervision experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; contractor construction, commissioning, and start-up readiness.
- Experience in analysing environmental data to report accurate KPI’s and potential non-compliance status back to the project management team
- ompetency and proven experience within Worley or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, PowerBI, P6, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety compliance, risk controls and site HSE hierarchy
- A high focus on identifying and meeting the key project deliverables and HSE objectives.
- Knowledge of project HSE strategy and commitments regarding site based environmental management.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of Environmental, plans, policies and regulations.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements such as environmental compliance regulations, safety regulations, and local permit requirements.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA); data-driven decisions, HSE risk analysis and analytical reporting
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate Environmental concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their HSE performance.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WORLEY-EL ENVIRONMENT LEAD”
Deadline for applications is not later than Monday 3rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.