About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, UWESO Holdings, we are looking for a suitable, competent and skilled Company Secretary (Administrator) to work in Uganda.
The company secretary will provide administrative support and guidance to the directors of UWESO Holdings Ltd on how the organization should be directed, managed, or controlled.
- Corporate governance responsibilities:
- Organizing and coordinating meetings of the board members and or shareholders and taking minutes as required.
- Preparing and distributing minutes of all proceedings at such meetings to the relevant parties.
- Maintaining relevant records and/registers of directors’/shareholders and business partnerships.
- Filing of Directors returns in host country with the registrar of companies within prescribed time limits and coordinating of the same in other entities.
- Ensuring compliance of the company in respect to the statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all relevant training sessions for directors and executives in their relevant areas periodically or as and when required.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect UWESO Holdings Ltd and advise accordingly.
- Provide support to the board or other committees on specific projects
- Acting as a point of contact and building/maintaining a good relationship with shareholders.
- Supporting the process of compliance checks for Customers, Vendors, directors’ employees including any other company stakeholder.
- Prepare relevant regular reports for the Director’s attention.
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of UWESO Ltd.
- Collating information
- Responsible for records management and information dissemination.
- Office management, Risk management, and HR responsibilities
- Managing office space and facilities
- Identifying and monitoring risks to business performance
- Arrange and coordinate induction and orientation of new staff and directors.
- Ensure organisation compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements by effectively Administering pension schemes and share issues e.g. NSSF, PAY, WHT etc.
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies
- Managing contracts for suppliers/customers engagements
- Responsible for Financial and HR administration
- Ensuring due accountability for all workplace health & safety for in-house and outsourced services
- Educate and inform Management and Line Management on employment legislation issues and ensure compliance by all parties.
- Maintain effective internal communication to all employees on HR-related issues and with external statutory and non-statutory HR-related institutions in order to facilitate information flow and compliance to statutory requirements
Qualification and training required:
- A degree in law, accountancy, finance, and/or business
- At least 3 years’ experience working in finance as an auditor, law (for example, as a paralegal or solicitor), or in another area related to corporate governance (for example, as a risk manager or compliance officer)
- Membership in the institute of chartered secretaries and administrators (ICSA) will be an added advantage.
Key skills required and personal attributes:
- Strong administrative skills and aptitude for using IT software
- Commercial awareness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- The ability to take initiative
- A flexible and practical approach to work
- Discretion and diplomacy
- High level of transparency and integrity
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-UH-CS-Company Secretary (Administrator)”.
Click on the link to apply:
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Friday 19th December, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.