About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Project Agri-business Development Officer to work in Uganda.
About The Project:
The European Union (EU) in close cooperation with the Government of Uganda, identified the opportunity for the development of the coffee and cocoa value chains within its 2019 Annual Action Plan for Uganda. The EU agreed to fund a 5-year project, implemented by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), to support the development of commercial coffee and cocoa value chains such that they could realize their full potential. The project is called “Support to the Coffee and Cocoa Value Chains Development (CoCoDev) Project in Uganda” and is financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), Inclusive Green Economy Uptake Programme (GreenUp). The general objective of CoCoDev is to contribute to the Ugandan transition towards an inclusive, green, and competitive low-carbon economy with the creation of decent green jobs in a number of key sectors laid down in the Uganda Green Growth Development Strategy.
Purpose of the Position
The objective of this assignment is to ensure that the project provides overall technical leadership and technical assistance to all stakeholders under the CoCoDev Project to achieve all agriculture-related activities related to coffee and cocoa agribusiness with quality. The Agribusiness Expert has the responsibility of the development and implementation of business cases whereby climate-smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the coffee and cocoa value chain from an agronomic, financial, and inclusion perspective. The Agribusiness expert will identify and support business cases for the matching grant scheme co-investment fund and broker access to finance and investment of the businesses. S/he will coordinate and work with a matching grant scheme to scale climate-smart investments.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify business cases for the matching grant scheme for co-investing
- Support agribusinesses to develop the business cases
- Establish appraisal criteria for the matching grant scheme, design milestone-based payment scheme and contribute to the assessment of the business cases
- Coordinate with the UCDA and PMU, the planning and disbursement of grant funds
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for male and female entrepreneurs and youths.
Relevance and experience
- A relevant academic qualification: Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or Business Administration;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in coffee and cocoa
- Knowledge of the coffee and cocoa value chains preferably at the global level and in East Africa
- Experience in coffee and cocoa value chains development and agribusiness finance, preferably experience with matching grant schemes
- Ability and demonstrated experience in designing and appraising business cases
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and work independently high-level interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge and skills with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (farmers, private sector companies, Government, and NGOs
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
- Excellent organizing, negotiation, influencing, and advisory/coaching skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names, and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) under the job vacancy “QSSU-UCDA-PAGDO- Project Agri-business Development Officer”.
The deadline for applications is not later than 08:00 am, 20th December 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.