About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Office Assistant to work in Uganda.
About The Project;
The European Union (EU) in close cooperation with the Government of Uganda, identified the opportunity of the development of the coffee and cocoa value chains within its 2019 Annual Action Plan for Uganda. The EU agreed to fund a 5-year project, implemented by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), to support the development of the commercial coffee and cocoa value chains such that they could realize their full potential. The project is called “Support to the Coffee and Cocoa Value Chains Development (CoCoDev) Project in Uganda” and is financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), Inclusive Green Economy Uptake Programme (GreenUp). The general objective of CoCoDev is to contribute to the Ugandan transition towards an inclusive, green and competitive low carbon economy with the creation of decent green jobs in a number of key sectors laid down in the Uganda Green Growth Development Strategy.
Purpose of the Position
The Office Assistant/Support Staff will be responsible for managing the front office and receiving the organization clients and all aspects of general office coordination.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform, general clerical duties to include photocopying, faxing, mailing (sign for and distribute courier packages) filling, compiling transcribing and making project meeting appointments with relevant stakeholder.
- File and retrieve project documents, records and reports and maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for the organization.
- Maintain and distribute organization staff weekly travel schedules.
- Deliver mail and documents to relevant office/place
- Maintain an outgoing and incoming mail register
- Photocopy documents and ensure the photocopier and other office equipment are used properly and kept in working conditions.
- Serve tea to all staff of the PMU and during meetings
- Organize and manage the Project coordinator calendar, and interaction with the PMU, UCDA and other key stakeholder.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including Faxes and emails.
- In liaison with the Administration and Logistics officer, assist in special events, commissioning of works, project launch and annual review workshops etc.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Diploma in Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Development Studies
- Must have at least 1 years working experience in secretarial works in a reputable dynamic private sector organization.
- Knowledge of International relations and clerical work.
• Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Knowledge of MS office packages.
• Records / data management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
• Ability to multitask and cope with pressure at work.
• Good Customer and interpersonal relations
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-UCDA-OA-Office Assistant”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, 20th December, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.