About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced National Project Coordinator to work in Uganda.
About The Project.
The European Union (EU) in close cooperation with the Government of Uganda, identified the opportunity of the development of the coffee and cocoa value chains within its 2019 Annual Action Plan for Uganda. The EU agreed to fund a 5-year project, implemented by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), to support the development of the commercial coffee and cocoa value chains such that they could realize their full potential. The prmoject is called “Support to the Coffee and Cocoa Value Chains Development (CoCoDev) Project in Uganda” and is financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), Inclusive Green Economy Uptake Programme (GreenUp). The general objective of CoCoDev is to contribute to the Ugandan transition towards an inclusive, green and competitive low carbon economy with the creation of decent green jobs in a number of key sectors laid down in the Uganda Green Growth Development Strategy.
Purpose of the Position
The objective of this assignment is to ensure that the project is completed on time, within the budget and meet high quality standards. He (she) will develop, implement and coordinate strategies and activities for the project. He (She) will build partnerships with key stakeholders – institutions, partners and agencies and maintains contacts with key policy analysts and policy makers.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of project activities in close collaboration with the project staff, UCDA Liaison Officer and the TAT.
- In line with the project budget and work plan, identify the need for international and national consultants/experts, participate in the drafting terms of reference for the selection and participates in the recruitment process, and ensures deliverables.
- Provide technical support to the project and analysis of assessments, studies and missions, and conduct technical support missions to field activities.
- Liaising with UCDA and other stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve.
- Analyse risks and opportunities.
- Oversee project procurement management.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- In collaboration with the UCDA Liaison Officer, Initiate appropriate match grant scheme contracts for approval (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Coordinate the preparation of project reports, detailed action plans, monitor progress of activities and identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints and ensure that the budget is properly monitored.
- Working with the Coffee and Cocoa Experts, Support matching grants management and compliance.
- Liaise with the TAT/technical specialists in coordination of technical development and support to the project.
- Take lead responsibilities on specific project phases to include Project Start Up, Close Out, managing sub-contractors, etc.
- Collaborate with Project Management team to identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Initiate and participates in project steering committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by UCDA.
Relevance and experience
- Master’s degree in International development, agriculture, business administration, or other relevant field. University degree in agriculture, food value chains or relevant fields;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in agriculture and food value chain development projects; with a minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience supporting donor-funded programming (or Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of relevant work experience).
- Experience in project management and in running large-scale projects, preferably on sustainable agriculture management, climate change, and sustainable and resilient agriculture.
- Experience with grants management is preferred.
- Capacity to promote new approaches and practices as well as demonstrated commitment in promoting participatory and bottom-up approaches.
- Knowledge of agriculture, private sector development, and/or nutrition preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written).
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proficiency in English a must.
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with the value chain stakeholders especially the senior executives and government officials.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) under the job vacancy “QSSU-UCDA-NPC-National Project Coordinator”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, 20th December 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.