About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Net Gain Engineer – Murchison Falls Conservation Program to work on Site.
Job Title: Net Gain Engineer – Savannah Corridor
Reports to : Biodiversity Manager – Rangelands
- Participate in the development of studies and programs aimed at achieving the company objectives of NNL/NG under the Savanna Corridor pillar of the Tilenga Biodiversity Program which will be focused on increasing the resilience of Bugungu Wildlife Reserve
- Provide support and technical input to the process for identification of an appropriate activities under the Savanna pillar as per agreed annual work programs, budgets and management plan for the reserve
- Support the Biodiversity manager for Rangelands in task force meetings and engagements with Uganda Wildlife Authority, JV Partners, regulatory/lead agencies (NEMA/PAU) and implementing partners
- Provide guidance and support to the biodiversity field organization to ensure oversight of project activities in and around Bugungu Wildlife Reserve are effectively managed in accordance with the mitigation hierarchy
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of early actions under the savanna corridor in collaboration with selected implementing partners and UWA.
- Support the development of a program of activities which will be designed to reduce pressures from illegal activities through law enforcement improvements, community based natural resource management as well as taking into consideration other uses of the reserve
- Development and review of technical documentation including scopes of work, technical reports, monitoring data and management plans to ensure alignment of objectives
- Contribute as a specialist in the development of the regional cumulative impacts management strategy particularly in relation to savanna habitats
- Support the mapping of conservation activities in and around Bugungu Wildlife Reserve and contribute to stakeholder engagement activities in relation to the Tilenga Biodiversity Program
- Coordinate with other agencies and partners to obtain lessons learned and gain understanding of best practice in relation to protected area management
- Take regular part in gathering data in-line with agreed protocols e.g., species specific monitoring and other surveys and make constructive suggestions on how to improve these as and when appropriate- both directly when in the field, and indirectly when working with partners.
- Help to identify, and devise win-win solutions to, operational/ conservation/ natural resources management and human wildlife conflict issues.
- Help ensure that appropriate specific, realistic, and robust risk assessments are developed for the field team, and by the contractors for their activities, working in conjunction with the relevant Biodiversity Field Superintendent.
- Contribute to producing internal and external publications
Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues and in particular ones associated with biodiversity, whether legislative or best practice. Train staff at all levels in biodiversity issues and responsibilities
Qualifications and experience
Minimum Bachelor of Science in Environmental Conservation, Natural Resources Management, Ecology
- At least 5 years professional experience in conservation-based discipline or natural resources management
- Experience in biodiversity offsetting in a large-scale development project is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to protected area management, wildlife conservation and community development
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of national and international requirements and IFC standards,
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different partners, including those in Govt, privage sector and local community level;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of national legislation and applicable international good practice g., IFC, IUCN Green List, BBOP etc.
Strong report writing and analytical skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-NGF- NET GAIN ENGINEER – SAVANNAH CORRIDOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 18TH August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.