About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Net Gain Engineer – Murchison Falls Conservation Program to work on Site.
Job Title: Net Gain Engineer – Murchison Falls Conservation Program
Reports to : Biodiversity Manager – Rangelands
- Focal point for Tilenga project activities to be executed under the terms of the TEPU/UWA Cooperation Agreement. This will include organizing meetings, producing minutes and having oversight of activities with UWA in Kampala. The job shall also involve having close cooperation with Tilenga Project HSE Manager as well as UWA and TEPU field teams
- Participate in the development of studies and programs aimed at achieving the company objectives of NNL/NG under the Murchison Falls Conservation Program (MFCP) pillar of the Tilenga Biodiversity Program
- Provide support and technical input to the process for identification of an appropriate activities under the MFCP as per agreed annual work programs, budgets and MFNP General Management Plan
- Support the process of updating the MFNP General Management Plan as agreed with UWA
- Support the Biodiversity manager for Rangelands in task force meetings and engagements with Uganda Wildlife Authority, JV Partners, regulatory/lead agencies (NEMA/PAU) and implementing partners
- Provide guidance and support to the biodiversity field organization to ensure oversight of project activities in MFNP are effectively managed in accordance with the mitigation hierarchy
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of early actions under the MFCP in collaboration with selected implementing partners and UWA
- Development and review of technical documentation including scopes of work, technical reports, monitoring data and management plans to ensure alignment of objectives
- Contribute as a specialist in the development of the regional cumulative impacts management strategy particularly in relation to Murchison Falls Conservation Program objectives
- Support the mapping of conservation activities in and around Murchison Falls National Park and contribute to stakeholder engagement activities in relation to the Tilenga Biodiversity Program
- Coordinate with other agencies and partners to obtain lessons learned and gain understanding of best practice in relation to protected area management
- Take regular part in gathering data in-line with agreed protocols e.g., species specific monitoring and other surveys and make constructive suggestions on how to improve these as and when appropriate- both directly when in the field, and indirectly when working with partners.
- Help to identify, and devise win-win solutions to, operational/ conservation/ human wildlife conflict issues.
- Help ensure that appropriate specific, realistic, and robust risk assessments are developed for the field team, and by the contractors for their activities, working in conjunction with the relevant Biodiversity Field Superintendent.
- Contribute to producing internal and external publications
Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues and in particular ones associated with biodiversity, whether legislative or best practice. Train staff at all levels in biodiversity issues and responsibilities
Qualifications and experience
Minimum Bachelor of Science in Environmental Conservation, Natural Resources Management, Ecology
- At least 5 years professional experience in conservation-based discipline or industrial setting
- Experience in biodiversity offsetting in a large-scale development project is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to protected area management, wildlife conservation and natural resource management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of national and international requirements and IFC standards,
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different partners, including those in Govt, tourism sector, protected area specialists and local communities;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of national legislation and applicable international good practice g. IFC, IUCN Green List, BBOP etc.
Strong report writing and analytical skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-NGF- NET GAIN ENGINEER – MURCHISON FALLS CONSERVATION PROGRAM”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 18TH August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.