Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced DSB Logistics Supervisor to work on Site
Job Title: DSB HSE Supervisor
Reports to: DW Logistics Superitendent
- To adopt and to demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regards to Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and HSE rules and regulations, develop, as required, HSE specific instructions at all DSBs;
- To ensure promotion and implementation by the DSB Contractors of the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct”;
- To be kept informed of Company Referential (CR, GS, and GM), international standards related to his area of responsibility, taking knowledge from them for application to the Project;
- To ensure promotion and implementation of Project and DSB HSE plan, procedures, and trainings;
- To ensure that the DSB contractors are enforcing their contractual commitments, implementing properly Contract HSE plans and objectives;
- Take part in HSE studies and risk assessment before each potentially dangerous activity;
- Perform routine and random HSSE inspections daily in order to monitor DSB contractor HSE and ensure the follow up of corrective actions;
- Stop & report immediately to Line Manager any anomaly, violation & unsafe practice;
- Interface with relevant Project team on HSE issues and on the implementation of the Company HSE requirements;
- Attend and participate weekly meetings, site HSE Committees, Toolbox Talks and emergency drills;
- Ensure that the application of HSE Policy and regulation, HSE Project Management System for site activities (site preparation, and construction and operation) in compliance with International and local regulations
- Organizes and participates to routine and random inspections and audits, assists to daily / regular HSE meetings within the DSB contractors and subcontractors, and ensures an adequate reporting;
- Ensure risk assessments and JRAs (Job risk analysis) as appropriate for critical activities, ensures that drills (emergency, safety…) are performed as per the plan, monitors the communication, incentive debating and identifies/expresses the need for Company specialists to be temporarily mobilized when needed for specific activities (lifting, industrial hygiene…);
Reasonably could be assigned to other tasks upon management request/decision
Qualifications and experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, Process Safety or equivalent.
Professional experience: More than 6 years’ experience in Supervising and coordinating HSE on active sites, and manufacturing operations (ref to DSB upgrade).
- NEBOSH or equivalent;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in HSE Management systems, Auditing, Risk analysis and risk Management, HACCP, Contractor Management, Process Safety;
- Good command of English knowledge and experience in ERP systems including SAP and database management including MS access, word, project, excel.
Behavioral and Managerial Competencies:
- Leadership, proactive, adheres to the COMPANY values, analytical and anticipation skilled with organizational rigor;
Able to: work under pressure and stressing conditions, in autonomy, adapt, communicate, and integrate in different environment
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-DHSE-DSB HSE SUPERVISOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 18TH August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.