About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Community Liaison Officer to work in Nwoya.
Title: Community Liaison Officer
Entity: Social Affairs
Based: Site – Albertine Area
Position to Report: Head of Social Affairs
- The jobholder will participate in daily/weekly/monthly/Quarterly engagements with communities, tourism stakeholders, civil society and local authorities so as to do the following;
- Keep acquainted and follow up on any local concerns the stakeholders may have.
- Mobilise for and organise regular public meetings in each community impacted by Total activities
- Report weekly on community questions and perceptions about Total activities, general community issues and information important to Total, share general observations (in-migration to the area, new building being build etc.), conflict issues and/ or rumors
- Ensure access to, and maintain contacts with, key formal and informal stakeholders (opinion leaders) in communities on a regular basis.
- Furthermore, the job holder will explain to stakeholders about Total’s operational activities and what the company is, and is not, is able to do in terms of support to local communities and the tourism sector and to identify, if possible, opportunities for Total to support initiatives benefiting the community.
- To assist environmental, social and other Consultants in the consultation process with communities, local governments, civil society and tourism.
- To receive and help resolve grievances, rigorously following up and engaging relevant third parties including Social Affairs Coordinator to intervene in order to close out the grievances.
- To pass on to Head Quarters in Kampala through the Social Affairs Coordinator any correspondences addressed to Total Management by the stakeholders, and subsequently follow up on these in order to provide feedback to the stakeholders. To handle any land access and compensation related initiatives whether related to the E&A phase or the upcoming development phase as the first point of contact as well as input into the processes to be aligned with in conjunction with stakeholders.
- To be present (as the Social Affairs nominee) at any field visits so long as they are approved by Directorate of Petroleum or organised by Total or any of the JV partners. To supervise contractors’ local recruitment procedures.
- To subsequently supervise contractors’ or the Company’s access to land and the corresponding compensation process and to represent Total at cultural events as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Universitydegree in the Social Sciences, Anthropology, Human Resources Management or equivalent etc;
- Professional experience of working with rural communities in Uganda, preferably within the Albertine area;
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities, industry, NGOs and international organisations ;
- Proven ability to work Independent and meet deadlines;
- Ability to chair large community meetings;
- Negotiation, conflict management skills;
- High computer proficiency especially working with worksheets, word and databases
- Good report writing and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and local languages
- Candidates from Nwoya are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-CL COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm Saturday 1stv October, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.