About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Contract engineer Tilenga.
Job Title: Contract Engineer
Direction : Tilenga Project
At all times the job holder will:
- Administer the Upstream Project Contracts in coordination with the Upstream Contracts Leader, the TILENGA team members, TEPU and TGP as required.
- Be the focal point for the Upstream Team on Ugandan Law and more particularly Procurement, National Content and Fiscal Topics.
- To achieve the Contract Award and administration of the PLANT Facilities (including CPF, Well pads, Pipeline Networks and Interfaces) fit for the purpose and in compliance with the budget, work time schedule, HSE Optimum Requirements, level of quality and Contracts documentation and applicable Laws and regulations.
- Administer the Call for tenders process for all Upstream Contracts, and particularly:
- Preparation and processing of Adverts to be published in Uganda (for local Call for tenders, when required)
- Administration of the Prequalification process of potential Contractors and Suppliers
- Preparation of the Call for tender documentation
- Review / assessment of Contractual/Commercial “volumes” of the call for tender
- Preparation of the Recommendation to award for Commercial & Contractual parts
- Participates to the negotiation of the Contracts
- Participates in debriefing sessions of unsuccessful pre-qualifiers / tenders as applicable
Qualification: Qualified Contracts engineer with proven experience in Contracting processes and project services.
- 5+ years’ practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the onshore and offshore oil or petrochemical industries. International project experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of project services and contract processes including management, amendment & close out of contracts.
- Demonstrable general knowledge & understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications, practical experience of their use.
- Basic understanding of the technical domain in which the Project operates.
- Good communication, managerial & organizational skills, capabilities to take workload & work under pressure, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Take proper actions & decisions to respect targets, including reporting to his/her manager.
- Ability to adapt & to represent the Company in discussions / negotiations with Contractors.
- Ability and willingness to effectively and robustly challenge the views of contractors, suppliers and internal contact, and negotiate reasonable settlements whilst maintaining good relationships and sharing expertise and knowledge as appropriate.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-CET- CONTRACT ENGINEER TILENGA”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 8:00 am, 23rd April 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.