About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Senior Land Surveyor to work in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments
- Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Survey bodies of water to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
- Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying & Geomatics or any related field.
- Minimum professional experience of five years in a similar role particularly road construction projects.
- Must be a registered member with SRB (Surveyors Registration Board) and a member of ISU (Institution of Surveyors of Uganda).
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-OTT-LS-Senior Land Surveyor”.
Click on the link below to apply:
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Monday, 3rd October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.