About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Bids, Contracts & Procurement Manager to work in Uganda.
The Bids, Contracts & Procurement Manager will be responsible for the supply chain management that includes; participating in generating new orders, sourcing for suitable suppliers, placing new orders, arranging transportation, delivery confirmation, and monitoring proper utilization.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the departmental heads, anticipate and generate timely and accurate requests for internal orders.
- Handling bids and contracts with bids Officer to ensure no bids are missed.
- Working on bid documentation and soliciting of prices.
- Participate in bid evaluation process.
- Purchases of less than UGX 200,000 are approved by the respective Branch Accountants through weekly petty cash budgets
- Purchases of more than UGX 200,000 are approved by the Finance Manager in consultation with the Finance Director and/or Medical Director.
- In consultation with the branch accountants, respond to requests for quotation (RFQ) from external clients with appropriate and competitive prices.
- In consultation with the Finance Director and/or Medical Director, prepare and submit competitive bids, tenders, prequalification’s and RFQs
- Keep a database of bid/prequalification’s/proposal submissions and communicate this information on a weekly basis to the Marketing Manager for follow-up.
- Source for suitable and competitive prices within and outside Uganda, either for internal usage or for external clients.
- Keeping and continuously updating a supplier database with detailed supplier and product specifications (Locations, contacts, prices, brands, manufacturers, packaging, their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future purchases)
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options before procuring items
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts before procuring items
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Managing supplier relationships in term of price negotiations and flexible payment terms.
- Sourcing for items for bids.
- Solution and product research
- Inventory management
- Procurement process optimization
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Risk and compliance management
- Contract negotiation
- Data analysis
- Managing staff in the department, time tables and assignments.
- Any other role/s that may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage of rejections for both internal and external supplies. Goal: zero rejections.
- Monthly procurement of supplies. Goal: Procure items by the 10th of every month
- On-time delivery of supplies. Goal: Process new order with in one (1) week.
- Purchase order accuracy. Goal: Determine accurate monthly consumption, buffer stock and no over or under stocking.
- Getting the lowest price for the highest quality. Goal: Comparing prices from at least three (3) suppliers before purchase
Qualifications and Education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Three (3) years previous experience as a procurement officer or a related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented and organized team player
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-OTT-BCPM- Bids, Contracts & Procurement Manager”.
Follow the link below to apply; https://qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com/apply/enQy9sOjBH/QSSUOTTBCPM-Bids-Contracts-Procurement-Manager
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Thursday, 20th October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.