About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Splicer technician to work in Kampala.
The Splicer technician should be able to work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed. Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST,SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree/diploma in Telecommunication Engineering or related courses.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- 2-3 years or more of fiber splicing experience in active plant
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to read prints, read and comprehend splice instructions.
- Complete production paperwork with correct splice case information
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills to look up maps.
Specialist knowledge required:
- Knowledge of telecommunications sector: products and services,
- Significant experience in team management,
- Strong interpersonal and business skills,
- Knowledge in finance,
- Skills in overall management of activities: management, economics, human resources
- Control office software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Fluency in English and French
- Overseeing the accounting, costing, and billing
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good organization, multi-tasking, time management and documentation skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-NLTC-ST-SPLICER TECHNICIAN”
Deadline for applications is not later than 2:00 pm, December 11th 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.