About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced ISP Supervisor to work in Kampala.
ISP Supervisor will supervise the Daily support and service delivery of Fibre optic installation teams, ensuring that sustainment activities are being delivered appropriately respecting the required quality standards and defined KPI.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Must be able to supervise and work under pressure.
- Manage and coordinate general customer installation activities.
- Verify installation surveys performed by installations technicians.
- Ensure that all installations are validated on the final customer approval.
- Ensure that installations respect the clients technical & quality specifications.
- Ensure that the Installation teams’ communications skills with the final customer are always at top quality.
- Experienced with installation and testing of various vendors (i.e. ZTE, Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei)
- With at least two (2) years related experience in the field of HFC (Hybrid fibre Coax) or FO (fibre optic) customer installation.
- Must have an exceptional knowledge of the various technologies (i.e. HFC, GPON and LTE).
- Must have extensive experience in using various telecom test equipment and procedures (i.e. VFL, OPM, Speed test/ping test, etc.).
- This person will also assist in managing existing subcontractors to ensure that issues are being resolved in a timely manner, always respecting the quality standards.
- This person will act as a technical advisor to department managers/coordinators and will provide reporting of outsourced and insourced staffs as well as project management such as daily reports, progression report, production report and quality assessment reporting.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering or any related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in fiber optics and vast knowledge in customer installation & maintenance activities.
- Certificate to work in Heights and near electricity.
- Driving license for cars and/or motorcycle
Specialist knowledge required:
- Significant experience in team management,
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills,
- Control office software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Fluency in English
- Overseeing KPI & Quality
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good organization, multi-tasking, time management and documentation skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-NLTC-ISPS- ISP SUPERVISOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than 2:00 pm, December 11th 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.