QSSU-NLTC-FOM-FIBRE OPTIC MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Fibre Optic Manager to work in Kampala.
The Fiber Optic Manager is a position working on Network Maintenance and/or Construction Department to Support all Fiber Optic networks requirements. The person has a responsibility to ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge in Fiber Optic Network technology
- Provide management with detailed reports of field operation.
- Representing the client’s interests
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organizing the various professional people working on a project
- Carrying out risk assessment
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met.
- Making sure the quality standards are met.
- Using it systems to keep track of people and progress, coordinating the project schedules.
- Develop and maintain product drawings, specifications, and data sheets.
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Be able to guide and advise the customer for optimal solution.
- Successfully manage all assigned projects and meet corporate, customer and property owner expectations.
- Minimize construction costs without compromising safety, system quality or operational impact.
- Be able to coach the team and support them.
- Controls project plan and approves design, specifications, plans and schedule changes.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Master’s in Telecommunication Engineering or related courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management and Technical Operations
- 5years experience in fiber optics and vast knowledge in ISP and OSP deployment.
- 3-5 Years’ experience as project Manager.
- Designing Fiber Optics Networks.
Specialist knowledge required:
- Excellent knowledge of the geographical area offers markets, technical nature of products,
- target prospects, local economy,
- Knowledge of telecommunications sector: products and services,
- Significant experience in team management,
- Strong interpersonal and business skills,
- Knowledge in finance,
- Skills in overall management of activities: management, economics, human resources
- Control office software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Fluency in English and French
- Overseeing the accounting, costing, and billing
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good organization, multi-tasking, time management and documentation skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-NLTC-FOM-FIBRE OPTIC MANAGER”
Deadline for applications is not later than 2:00 pm, December 11th 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.