About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced DESIGNER to work in Kampala.
We are looking for a self-starter designer provide support for construction teams regarding design implementation on the ground. Analyzes site survey reports and contribute to specifications of requirements and plans for installation and commissioning of network hardware and infrastructure.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate with the client on design delivery and priority of designs.
- Provide clients with the updates of designs on projects being done. (As built)
- Must be willing to travel in various provinces and or regions.
- Analyzes site survey reports and contribute to specifications of requirements and plans for installation and commissioning of network hardware and infrastructure.
- FTTH/GPON Network Planning and Designing Estimation, Route Selection, OSP Planning, Fiber Management, Fiber link power Budgeting.
- To prepare designs for Fiber Optic Cable routes, Schematic diagram, and splicing details
- Able to work with Design Tools (Auto CAD, MAPinfo, QGis, etc…)
- Do as built immediately and contraction.
- Provide support for construction teams regarding design implementation on the ground.
- Provide support for dispatch team regarding design.
- Provide reports and updates on work done.
- Able to supervise survey team to bring good data for designing…
- Organize and plan for surveys for map digitization and provide land base maps for the survey.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering or any related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in fiber optics and vast knowledge in customer installation & maintenance activities.
- Driving license
- The Fibre Optics Designer should have hands-on experience in the design and delivery of telecommunication products.
- They need to have good knowledge of copper, fibre, aerial, underground and intra-building solutions. There is a need for Fibre Optics Designer to prioritize safety, quality and time management.
- Proven field service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and organizing own workloads to meet deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety working inclusive of working at heights and electrical environment.
Specialist knowledge required:
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to learn very fast.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-NLTC-DES-DESIGNER”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 2:00 pm, December 11th 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.