About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Procurement Manager to work in Kampala Uganda.
The Procurement Manager will primarily be responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high-quality, low-cost products and proper processing of assigned orders.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the selection of suppliers based on predefined criteria.
- Complies with the Public Procurement & Disposal Authority procedures and
- Ensure the timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Select and evaluate the performance of supplies and coordinate the processing of assigned orders.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of suppliers’ prices.
- Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Review and evaluate the performance of the suppliers.
- Process the necessary clearance documents.
- Work closely with the maintenance department.
- Ensure the proper management of procurement operations.
- Carry out all necessary procurement operations.
- Ensure proper processing of assigned orders.
- Verify quantification of orders.
- Verify that the required order is within the agreed budget.
- Implement the procurement plan and budgets through the controlling of costs and getting value for money
- Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
Qualifications and Education required;
- Degree in Procurement & Logistics/Supply chain Management.
- Professional qualification– CIPS
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar Procurement role
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Strong communication skills with all stakeholders (verbal and written)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Business Central beneficial
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-MKI-PM-Procurement Manager”.
Follow the link below to apply; https://qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com/apply/uQWDp1fZU7/QSSUMKIPMProcurement-Manager
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Friday, 21st October 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.