About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is looking for a competent, skilled, Public Health/MEL Team Lead for one of our clients to work in our Kampala.
|Department: Uganda Learning Activity|
|Location: Kampala, with potential occasional travel to other parts of Uganda as need.|
|Period of Performance: August – October 2022
Level of Effort Expectations: This position is expected to have an LOE of 50 days.
Place of Performance:
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning, and adapting, to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality, and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The USAID Uganda Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) Activity is a five-year activity (October 15, 2019, to October 15, 2024), implemented by THE Palladium Group. The goal of the UHSS Activity is to improve the performance of Uganda’s health systems in public and private health sectors at national, sub national and community levels through providing tailored and innovative technical assistance (TA). The activity is expected to achieve three related results, namely:
- Improved leadership and accountability for results at each level of the health sector.
- Increased availability and improved management of key health systems resources; and
- Strengthened community systems for quality health services.
The UHSS Activity interventions are expected to be aligned to the Government of Uganda (GoU)’s Health Sector Development Plan II – 2020/21-2024/25 and USAID’s global Vision for Health Systems Strengthening (HSS). The overall technical strategy is to engage key stakeholders, empower them through increased capacity, and promote more efficient and equitable health systems. UHSS supports an enabling policy environment and generates evidence to inform planning, budgeting, financial management, and performance monitoring. The activity particularly focuses on strengthening governance, health financing, health workforce, and community systems at all levels of the health system. UHSS supports policy development and implementation; strengthens processes for responsive and evidence-based planning and budgeting, strategic data collection and use in decision-making, and more transparent and efficient management of health sector resources; and leverages new and existing partnerships, including with private sector and non-health entities.
The short-term Team Lead will serve as the Public Health/MEL Expert, lead the team for the UHSS Mid Term Evaluation, and ensure high quality and timely delivery of all deliverables.
- Inception report
- Progress reports
- Preliminary findings presentation
- Draft report
- Final draft report
- Debrief with OHH
- Debrief with Front Office
- Final report
- Final slide deck
- Executive briefer (2-5 pages)
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead the team and coordinate all activities related to the scope including the conduct document review, secondary data analysis, and key Informant Interviews/Focus Group Discussions and other group discussions to gather information from key stakeholders.
- Spearhead the development, implementation, and delivery of all deliverables.
- Ensure the deliverables are delivered within the timelines provided and are of high quality.
- Assess the implementation progress, document lessons learned, and suggest corrective actions, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in public health, Health Policy and Planning, Health Services Management, Activity Management, M&E of Public Health Programs, Epidemiology and Biostatics or other related fields.
- Professional experience in health systems strengthening.
- Experience in conducting activity evaluations, and learning reviews required.
- Knowledge of donor funded health programs in Uganda especially USAID funded programs.
- Knowledge of Ugandan Ministry of Health priorities, strategies, and plans.
- Should have a strong and well-established record of having successfully carried out similar assignments.
- Demonstrated experience serving as Team Lead or in a similar leadership role.
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-LMN-HSSE- QSSU-LMN-PHTL-PUBLIC HEALTH TEAM LEAD”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, 23RDAugust 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.