About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Harvest Manager to work in Wakiso.
Overseeing the Harvesting activities through constant communication in the monitoring, Planning and Execution of the whole Harvest department and projects to ensure efficiency in production and Quality.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates and implements department workflow or process initiatives aimed at optimizing operations in accordance with overall company objectives.
- Manages and controls a group of Fore Ladies, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Packers, Transporters, Pickers of maximum number of 20 personnel.
- Effectively monitoring the flow of orders and implementation of On-Time In-Full Demand and the homogeneity of the cuttings.
- Determines, analyses and reports the initial production coefficient of the OE Varieties.
- Responsible for the annual plant and department budget and strategic long-term planning.
- Establishes and maintains an effective channel of communicating performance expectations and goals in the department. i.e., sets department objectives for each team, evaluates performance in their attainment and to take such prompt remedial action as may be required to bring results into line with objectives.
- Identify, analyse and resolve issues affecting performance to ensure goals are realized. Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption and avoid time wasting.
- Monitors the production and export processes and adjusting schedules.
- Ensure monthly management reporting i.e., KPI reports, Quality reports, Production coefficient reports, Production Projection report, Factsheet etc.
- Set harvest objectives to ensure that the company objectives and goals are meant
- Quality measures like the fact sheet to guide the pickers to get good quality
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports, timely execution of processing instructions, reporting and intake into inventory management systems and obtain output information.
- To maintain liaison and to correspond with NL as required, to deal with all suggestions and complaints promptly, to answer and deal with e-mails without undue delay and in the first instance.
- Formulation of factsheet that guides growers on pest and disease susceptibility, picking regimes (weight, mother leaves, length) of new varieties through observations and questioning the pickers for informed decision.
- Organizes supervisory staff with their respective teams under your control, recommend the procedures to be followed affecting the department and controlling to ensure performance of allocated work in ways laid down according to program and instructions and keep the right mentality of the team and minimize absenteeism.
- Recommends and advice management for approval on policies and programs relating to the development of a good dispatch, quality and schemes for promoting the greater efficiency of staff and the company in general.
- Liaise with human resource department in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Plans for and requests staff on a timely basis to ensure their availability during the high-volume growing seasons and schedule overtime as necessary.
- Plan and put in place control measures, meetings, training, guidance in harvest department
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Experience at supervisory or managerial level in horticulture business preferably.
- Experience in managing casual laborers.
- Experience in planning and managing processes.
Years of Experience:
- 5-year experience
Skills required to perform the Job:
- Good writing and communication skills
- Computer literacy and up to date knowledge on Information Technology.
- Ability to approach work in a methodical manner involving effective scheduling, coordination and integration of activities to achieve high quality results.
- Ability to lead the team or work as a member in a team by establishing cooperative work relationships to achieve team goals.
- Ability to undertake situational analysis to identify problems, gathers information, find alternatives and choose the best approach to address the problem.
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and solutions and to find new ways of doing things.
- Ability to motivate and empower others to attain departmental/organizational goals.
- Ability to work independently and should be self-driven.
- Ability to position self as a Leader and communicate compelling vision to influence others to adopt company and team goals and objectives.
- Maintain enthusiasm
- Good attitude
- Honesty and a willingness to treat all co-workers with respect, despite challenging work conditions.
- Good eye sight
- Tolerate extreme temperatures (especially heat) for 8-10 hours a day
- Work in an indoor environment
- 50% field work and 50% office
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-LAN-HAM-HARVEST MANAGER”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, October 01st, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.