About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Human Resource Officer to work in Uganda.
Literacy and Adult Basic Education (LABE), founded in 1989, is an indigenous NGO in Uganda with registration number MIA.NB/2004/10/1197. LABE is governed by a BOD of Directors that represent government, higher institutions of learning, international and district-level partner organizations. Those who engage with LABE subscribe to the beliefs and basic principles that: Literacy, as a continuously evolving concept, is a basic human right – the foundation to learning and a more just society; Lack of reading and writing, particularly among women and girls, is unacceptable in the 21st century; Families, communities and local organizations have capacities, assets and resources which can be used to radically improve their education for wider development.
We envision a literate, well-informed and prosperous society able to participate fully in its own development. Our mission is to promote literacy practices, increase access and utilization of information, particularly amongst women and children in local communities, to effectively demand and protect their individual and wider rights.
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for operationalization of HR policies, best practices and systems to ensure achievement of LABE strategic objectives while delivering value added services to management and employees in designated districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resource policies, strategies, systems, and tools.
- Coordinate the recruitment processes and procedures in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out employee induction and on-boarding programs to inculcate them into the LABE culture and orient them into their roles and the environment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of staff retention plans.
- Implement staff welfare initiatives across the LABE units including leave management, staff functions and bereavement.
- Maintain the Human Resource Information System and ensure up-to-date staff records and files.
- Payroll management and preparation of staff salaries, finance reviews to ensure that they are accurate
- Responsible for proper filling and custody of HR file for confidence
- Identify capacity gaps for staff and ensure/ plan for training
- Manage staff conflict in every mature manner without favors or fear
- Prepare draft monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual Human Resource reports.
- Supervise and manage outsourced services including health insurance and catering services; and prepare periodical contract management reports.
- Design and propose corporate teambuilding engagements to enhance staff motivation and enhance relationships.
- Develop and manage staff leave rota on an annual basis.
- Supervise, appraise, and develop the administrative support staff in the department.
- Coordinate LABE partnerships at both the national and district levels.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Human resource job placement must hold a Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or other related disciplines.
- Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, is added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization most preferably in NGO’s.
- Knowledge & applicability of Ugandan labour laws and legal requirements
- Strong decision making, organization and planning skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent computer, analytical and report writing skills.
- Professional membership to a Human Resource Management body is an added advantage.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-LABE-HRO-Human Resource Officer”.
Follow the link below to apply;
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Friday 04th November 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.