About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Medical Service Supply Officer to work in Kampala Uganda.
The company is desirous of recruiting a Medical Service Supply Officer for its business. The Medical Service Supply Officer will be responsible for assisting in delivering effective, timely, reliable and profitable supply chain solutions in response to our clients needs whilst ensuring compliance to the groups policies and regulations
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely pricing and quotations to clinics and clients
- Assist the sales function with sourcing and pricing for proposals and tenders
Logistics and Expediting
- On behalf of Clients and the Clinics, ensure timely deliveries of Medications, Consumables and Medical Equipment directly or to their shipping/logistics agent
- Ensure correct shipping documentation for custom clearance to avoid delays
- Track the status of shipment, assist in custom clearance. Support the Client’s shipping/logistics agent with custom clearance if required.
- Provide logistics support to other departments where required.
- Collate and review purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order-to-order supplies
- Storing of all POs and acknowledgments, working to standards, fast tracking urgent
orders through the internal process to the place of requirement
- Review deliveries against the orders. OTIF Reporting and esclations where necessary
- Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods, ensuring proper documentation and close out within the accounting month.
Billing and Credit Control
- Ensure that any queries are reconciled, collection of proof of receipts, Invoices are sent to accounts for payment and corresponding client billing.
- Provide adequate information with necessary support documents for correct client billing
- Assist in resolving invoice disputes and discrepancies
- Source, evaluate and propose suppliers to the Medical Supply Services Manager
- Perform pre-qualification audit of suppliers, and conduct routine follow-up audit exercises
- Day-to-day Vendor Management: quotation and order follow up, lead time management, escalation of overdue order delivery
- Monitor supplier performance and correct deviations
- Follow up on timely payment of both international and local suppliers
- Regular reconciliation of accounts to avoid stopped accounts
- Ensure costs are managed with no detriment to quality or service levels required.
- Demand management on orders
- Maintain central stock when required, review and ensure balance of physical and accounting values. Withdrawals from Central stock are duly allocated to the right cost centre.
- Exercise efficient ordering and shipping of orders
- Work within the SOP’s and the MSS Process Mapping
- Support calibration, servicing and repairs of Medical equipment when required
- Operational management of the rental kits within region, inventory, dispatch, control and invoicing.
- Keep the inventory of any storage facilities within region
- Insure the record of the temperature of the cold chain storage room as per the SOP.
- To support product re-calls, product traceability and disaster planning
- Produce, maintain or assist in all reports relating to Medical Supply Services
- KPI Monthly Report as indicated on the MSS Process Documentation
- Follow up of actions items identified after MSS Audit.
Perform MSS activities according to the client Standards, approved process and Country local regulations.
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Responsibility Statement
As an employee you have a responsibility to:
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace.
- Undertake all mandatory OH&S training as required
- Comply with any reasonable instructions, policies, procedures or safe work practices given in adhering to safe work procedures.
- Co-operate with management in its fulfilment of its legislative obligations.
- Take reasonable care to ensure your own health and safety, and the safety of others.
- To report any injury, hazard or illness as soon as possible to your supervisor
|Medium Job Physical Demands
|Your role may involve exerting 10 to 23 kg of force occasionally and/or 5 -12 kg force frequently and/or up to 4.5 kg of force constantly. Physical demand requirements are greater than that required for Light Work and may involve engagement in the following for a significant duration: crawling, climbing, crouching, stooping, floor sitting, kneeling, and squatting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in supply chain, procurement, logistics or a business-related course with a related professional experience
2 – 3 years Supply chain experience (knowledge of end-to-end supply chain practices and procedures
English language skills (oral and written) an absolute must.
Knowledge of an additional language is a significant advantage.
Regular visits to sites to follow-up on issues
Aptitude to work according to standards, processes and procedures
Relationship skills, client and safety focus.
Understanding of complex information and requirements
High level of PC literacy (especially Microsoft Office suite); Data literate with strong analytical skills (i.e. intermediate to advanced Excel skills; pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
Conceptual and process thinking, decision making, attention to detail, ability to evaluate options with a strategic mind-set.
Able to analyse information gathered in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies
Experience in supplier evaluation: technical, ISO 9001 and environmental audits
Ability to properly handle confidential information and records.
Readiness to work under pressured deadlines
Excellent team working skills
Ability to associate and deal with other cultures
How to apply:
Click link below to apply;
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-ISO–MSO–MEDICAL SERVICES SUPPLY OFFICER.
Deadline for application is not later than Friday 25th February 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.