About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the poultry industry, we are looking for a young and dynamic, detail-oriented and disciplined Account Receivables Clerk, with a passion for improving the lives of smallscale farmers.
The Account Receivables Clerk will work closely with the Junior and Senior Accountant in the Finance Department and he/she will be responsible for managing the company’s accounts receivables, including recording, posting, adjusting, reconciling, and reporting all revenue-related financial information. The Account Receivables Clerk will report to the Senior Accountant.
1.1 Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor inbound payments from the company’s customers via online banking platform and/or MoMoPay
- Verify customer payments and confirm with sales / operations team before dispatch
- Field all inquiries from field team regarding customer payments
- Monitor product price schedule to ensure appropriate booking of quantity sold
- Create sales invoices based on confirmed orders
- Collect and review dispatch reports from field sales team
- Book sales on SAGE 50 Accounting system upon confirming successful dispatch in the field
- Collect and file sales invoice paperwork from the field sales team
- Ensure that customer prepayments are booked as unearned revenue
- Develop monthly AR reports and customer ledgers for sales team review
- Track chick and feed inventory at contracted brooding units, based on shipments from hatchery and movements between brooding units
- Support in Monthly inventory counts for brooding units
- Manage and disburse petty cash in accordance with the company’s petty cash management policy.
- Record all petty cash transactions in a payment voucher and ensure that necessary approvals are done
- Post petty cash transactions in SAGE 50
- Carry out weekly and Monthly petty cash reconciliation.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skill
- Passionate about positively impacting smallholder farmers and customers in rural areas
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; relevant certification (fresh graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Started CPA training will be an added advantage
- Acumen in accounting and financial issues and procedures;1-2 years of experience in a similar position would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with limited follow-up
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, with a highly developed sense of reliability and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and proficiency in accounting software tools (preferred Sage 50)
- Experience and proficiency in excel
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-IMC-ARC – Account Receivables Clerk”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Sunday 3rd May 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.