About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Senior Public Relations/Communications Officer to work in Uganda.
JOB TITTLE: Senior Public Relations/Communications Officer
SALARY SCALE: FIA 5.
REPORTS TO : EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES : NONE
Responsible for enhancing public awareness, public relations and to foster good corporate image of the Authority by formulating public relations and strategic initiatives that promote the corporate image of the FIA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement communications plans and strategies.
- Review and update the Authority’s communication strategy.
- Develop and implement publicity strategies and campaigns to ensure visibility of the Authority.
- Ensure implementation and sustainability of the Authority’s corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Communicate the AML/CFT programs of the Authority to the public,
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
- Attend to inquiries from the general public and any other sources.
- Management of all media activities related to FIA.
- Prepare articles and inhouse magazines to be published occasionally.
- Prepare and supervise the production of media content, brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mass communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Economics, Business Administration or Law and any other related course.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- An accredited qualification in AML or related to financial crime control is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in government or reputable organization,
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Act, 2013, Anti-Terrorism Act, the respective regulations
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, necessary for public relations
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, and professionalism.
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Quality orientation and attention to detail;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Person of high integrity;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-SPRCO-SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.