About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Records Officer to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE : RECORDS OFFICER
SALARY SCALE : FIA 6
REPORTS TO : SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
SUPERVISES : NONE
- To maintain the records in the Registry in an accessible form to end users in the Authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a records management system for FIA’s documents and records
- Keep and maintain the Authority’s Registry and Library official documents, records and literature;
- Receive, register and classify records;
- Maintain an effective documentation and filling system through indexing, referencing and filling as may be necessary;
- Accurately record, file and distribute all inward and outward official correspondence; while controlling file movement within the Authority;
- Manage the duplication and scanning of documents;
- Develop and maintain a well-managed library for ease of reference and retrieval of information for both electronic and paper-based information; active and archived records;
- Establish retention and disposal schedules in accordance with applicable laws;
- Develop, review and implement records management policies, and systems providing a framework to guide staff in the management of their records and use of FIA’s records system;
- Periodically train internal users on records management systems and processes;
- Manage the transition from paper to electronic records management systems;
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Safeguard and secure records by storing them to film, disk or computer formats;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- PERSON SPECIFICATIONS.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or An Honours Bachelor Degree in Records Management or any other related degree from a recognized Institution.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge of records management software applications;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of library management practices;
- Good Organization and Planning skills;
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills verbal, written and presentation;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Works well independently and in a team;
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-RO-RECORDS OFFICER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.