About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Procurement Officer to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE :PROCUREMENT OFFICER
SALARY SCALE :FIA 6
REPORTS TO :SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER.
- To be responsible for Implementation of procuring goods and services essential to the Authority’s operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cross checks requisitions from user departments to ensure that requisition forms are filled accurately and all relevant documents are attached.
- Register incoming requisitions and assigning them procurement reference numbers.
- Participate in pre-qualification of service providers
- Participate in the preparation of a procurement plan to guide all the annual procurements of the Authority.
- Support in maintaining key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical input to negotiation on strategically significant contracts and negotiation and management of third-party service providers;
- Support in preparation of solicitation of bids, analysis and presentation to the Contracts Committee in line with Authority procurement policy guidelines;
- Participate in ensuring continuous supply of utilities, timely payments for services rendered and renewal of MoUs and operational licenses;
- Participate in the disposal process of written off assets in line with the PPDA guidelines.
- Support in preparation and negotiation of leases, contracts and agreements to assist the Authority with securing the best financial position possible;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/ BCOM/BBA with specialization in Procurement and Supply Chain Management. An Honours Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or Economics or any other related degree plus full professional qualifications in Supply Chain Management from a recognized Institution
- Full professional qualification/membership from recognized institutions
- No experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations;
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Capabilities of proactive procurement planning;
- Ability to prepare solicitation documents;
- Ability to operate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems
- Leadership skills;
- Complex contracts formulation, evaluation and negotiation skills.
- Relationship building skills (internal and external) with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of people;
- Excellent time management and organization skills, dependability, and a strong work ethic.
- Good communication both written and verbal;
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of procurement and understanding budget management process;
- A successful track record in setting priorities;
- Organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail;
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-PO-PROCUREMENT OFFICER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.