About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Manager (Operational Analysis) to work in Uganda.
DEPARTMENT OF OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS.
JOB TITLE : MANAGER (OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS)
SALARY SCALE : FIA 4
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR MONITORING & ANALYSIS
SUPERVISES : SENIOR ANALYST
- To technical leadership of the operational analysis function in the financial intelligence authority
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the review and analysis of suspicious transaction reports, large cash and monetary transactions reports, cross border movement of cash and bearer negotiable instruments reports and international wire transfer reports filed by accountable persons and other competent authorities
- Ensure proper maintenance of up-to-date databases, of all reports submitted by accountable persons and information received from other sources, and ensure efficient record keeping of all information received;
- Review generated intelligence reports for dissemination to relevant law enforcement agencies for onward submission to the Director Monitoring & Analysis;
- Review generated responses to information requests from foreign financial intelligence units in a timely manner, either spontaneously or upon request;
- Review generated responses to various correspondences from accountable persons and local competent authorities;
- Oversee the compilation of statistics arising out of the information received;
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly Departmental performance reports in a timely manner;
- Review and implement Department’s standard operating procedures as they relate to the operational analysis function and other departmental best practices;
- Coordinate the execution of the Departmental work plans, policies and procedures.
- Offer guidance and advice to the staff on matters pertaining to the operational analysis of ML/FT;
- Spearhead training, development, supervision, guidance and mentoring of staff in the department;
- Ensure that there are safety mechanisms in place to protect confidentiality and integrity of information in the possession of Analysts;
- Coordinate training based on training needs assessment in the department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Law, Accounting , Statistics or any other related degree from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in a related field
- Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism Certification from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience 3 of which should be at supervisory level in a government, or relevant reputable organization;
- Proven track record in planning, leading and executing intelligence gathering and analysis at a managerial level.
- Track record of handling and dealing with confidential information.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Uganda’s Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism regime.
- Knowledge of international AML/CFT legislations and regulations including the international protocols, instruments, frameworks and systems and FATF Recommendations;
- Ability to design and implement guidelines and standards associated with good governance of conducting analysis, into the affairs of companies or banks;
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills;
- Time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills to organize and analyse multiple, complex data sets. Experience in the use of analytical tools like MS Excel, i2, or any
- other AML/CFT IT tools; Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Policy design and development;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-MOA-MANAGER (OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS)”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.