About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Manager Information Systems to work in Uganda.
DEPARTMENT OF SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT.
JOB TITLE :MANAGER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
SALARY SCALE :FIA 4
DEPARTMENT :SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
REPORTS TO :DIRECTOR, ICT SYSTEMS & SECURITY
SUPERVISES :SENIOR SYSTEMS OFFICER
- To provide technical lead ship of the information systems function in the authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the Design, implementation and maintenance of the FIA information systems.
- Ensure secure access to FIA information systems.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of FIA’s information systems policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide information system awareness and training.
- Implement business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure career professional development in the department.
- Coordinate the development of the departmental workplan in line with the Authority’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate provision of technical advice on IT related Terms of Reference to support procurement of IT goods and services
- Any other duties that may assigned from time to time.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT), Information Systems or any other Bachelor’s degree in a related
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Professional qualifications in any one or several of the following: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), and any related ICT certification.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience 3 of which must have been served at senior level in government or reputable organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, accountability, professionalism.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Act, 2013 (as amended), Anti-Terrorism Act (as amended), and their accompanying regulations;
- Ability to review the Authority IT strategy and processes to ensure that they match with new value creating opportunities geared towards improving the performance of the existing processes;
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of business processes and making recommendations to Management for improvement;
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and skills of modern information technology practices;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to implement and design guidelines and standards associated with good IT governance;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff;
- Effective decision making, problem solving and mediation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-MIS-MANAGER INFORMATION SYSTEMS”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.