About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Legal Officer to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE : LEGAL OFFICER
SALARY SCALE : FIA 6
REPORTS TO : SENIOR LEGAL AND CORPORATE SERVICES OFFICER
SUPERVISES : NONE
- To provide legal advice and representation during legal proceedings ensuring that the Authority is well advised on all legal issues related to its objectives and functions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Provide timely and accurate information to support the drafting of legal opinions, including interpretation of the provisions of AML/CFT laws and regulations.
- Represent FIA in all litigation matters.
- Participate in the review of existing legislation, rules, and regulations pertaining to the Authority and recommend appropriate amendments.
- Participate in the preparation and review of court documents for civil suits/litigation.
- Assist in the preparation, review, negotiation, execution and registration of contracts and other legal documents on behalf of the Authority.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders like officials of Ministries/Departments/entities and attend meetings to give professional legal advice.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly performance reports;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal practice;
- Advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge of the national and international AML/CFT/CPF framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Basic computer skills – Windows and Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Word, Excel). Practical ability in applying tools for digital content delivery and testing is an added advantage.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-LO-LEGAL OFFICER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.