About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced (04) Drivers to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE : DRIVER
SALARY SCALE : FIA 8
REPORTS TO : SECURITY AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
SUPERVISE : NONE
- To drive and maintain Authority vehicles in accordance with the transport policy; and as directed by the supervising officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring Basic Vehicle Maintenance
- Drive a vehicle for official duty and assignments;
- Carry out daily checks on vehicles to ensure vehicles are in good working condition; record any problems requiring future action in the vehicle check list;
- Carry out minor maintenance (e.g., oil level, radiator water, tyre inflation pressure) before vehicles are driven as well as routine maintenance;
- Ensure a vehicle is equipped with all necessary breakdown tools and safety equipment and that such are in full working order;
- Ensure that a vehicle is refuelled as and when required and fuel receipts kept.
- Report any vehicle problem that needs instant attention.
- Follow up to ensure that work is done on time; inspect vehicles after repair or maintenance work has been completed to ensure that repairs are completed satisfactorily to the required standard;
- Complete the log book assigned to vehicle.
- Ensure Safe Road Transportation and Compliance to Road Signs.
- Safe driving of staff and other authorised passengers in the vehicle to and from their destination and aiding as and when required;
- Ensure that the destination, expected timings and any tasks to be accomplished are clear; planning a route that will accomplish all activities in the most cost-effective manner and follow procedures that ensure safe and secure driving.
- Abide by the traffic rules and regulations as required by the traffic laws of Uganda;
- Give attention to personal appearance and cleanliness of self and vehicle in order to project a good corporate image.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety rules.
- Use of the required vehicle safety equipment at all times (including vehicle seatbelts and fire extinguisher)
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that any equipment being operated and the surrounding work area is clean and tidy at all times
- Keep all documents and Driver’s license in place while driving the authority vehicles;
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time.
- PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
- Valid Driving Permit – Class B,DL.
- Proof of defensive driving training
- At least 5 years proven driving experience in a private or public organization;
- Good driving record with no traffic violations or accidents for at least 5 consecutive years
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Ability to operate in a variety of weather and traffic conditions;
- Good driving skills/defensive driving Skills;
- Knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance
- Good verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Multi-tasker and prioritizing skills are essential;
- Flexibility (available after hours and weekend.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-DR-DRIVER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.