About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Director Of Legal, Corporate Services & International Relations to work in Uganda.
DIRECTORATE OF LEGAL, CORPORATE SERVICES & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
JOB TITLE :DIRECTOR LEGAL, CORPORATE SERVICES & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (SECRETARY FIA BOARD).
SALARY SCALE: FIA 3
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
SUPERVISES: MANAGERS LEGAL AND CORPORATE SERVICES, AND MANAGER INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS.
- To provide overall strategic leadership of the legal corporate affairs and international relations functions in the Financial Intelligence Authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head the Authority’s legal firm and ensures that the firm meets all the required regulatory standards.
- Serve as secretary to the FIA Board.
- Ensure effective legal representation and litigation.
- Provide legal advice to the Authority on the application of the provisions of relevant laws.
- Provide guidance to Accountable Persons on the application of the provisions of AML/CTF/CPF laws and regulations.
- Review and propose amendment to the AML/CFT/CPF legal regime to meet FATF international standards.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are effectively reviewed to protect the interests of the Authority.
- Oversee cooperation with other FIUs and other foreign stakeholders (East and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG), Financial Action Task Force (FATF), and Egmont group)
- Coordinate the execution of the directorate’s work programmes and
- Set the directorate targets for the team, review the department’s performance on a quarterly basis and provide support to the team in achieving their targets.
- Ensure the directorate’s policies, procedures and processes are effective, efficient, and updated regularly.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Must have a valid practicing certificate.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Enrolled Advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- An accredited qualification in AML or related to financial crime control added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience of which 5 should be at senior management level in a government or reputable organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Knowledge of national and international AML/CFT legislations and regulations including the International protocols, instruments, frameworks and systems and FATF Recommendations;
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering act, 2013, Anti-Terrorism Act and respective regulations;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, necessary for interaction with the judicial system and negotiating parties;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration;
- Knowledge of court procedures and practices;
- Ability to provide sound legal advice to senior level management on highly technical matters;
- Leadership and decision-making skills;
- Legal analysis skills;
- Excellent public speaking skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively;
- Negotiation, mediation and arbitration skills;
- Trial advocacy skills;
- Communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Pays attention to detail;
- Organizational and planning skills.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-DLCS-DIRECTOR OF LEGAL, CORPORATE SERVICES & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.