About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Director Finance & Administration to work in Uganda.
DIRECTORATE OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION.
JOB TITLE : DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SALARY SCALE : FIA 3
REPORTS TO : DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES : MANAGER ACCOUNTS, MANAGER PLANNING & BUDGET, MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCE, REGISTRY AND SECURITY, MANAGER PROCUREMENT
- JOB PURPOSE
- To provide strategic coordination and guidance of the implementation of plans, policies, strategies and programs in the areas of administration, finance and human resources, for the financial intelligence authority.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise the ED, Deputy ED and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, and policy matters.
- Coordinate and lead the annual external audit process.
- Provide overall leadership to the departments of Procurement, Planning and Budgeting, Accounts and inventory and Human resource Registry.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development through the Authority’s training needs analysis.
- Establish a robust staff performance management framework.
- Promote Professional career development and capacity building among the staff.
- Formulate, review and update departmental governance documents.
- Ensure adherence and enhancement of the utilization of ICT tools.
- Aligning the institutional financial policy and accounting practices to the overall Government framework.
- coordinate the annual budgeting process for the authority.
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Periodically review the FIA strategic plan.
- Enforce Compliance with the Operational procedures and Guidelines under the Finance and Administration Directorate; and
- Supervise and manage the conduct of all staff;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Honours Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting Business Administration, Management, Economics or any other relevant discipline.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Possession of a full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA is a must.
- Full Member of a recognized Accounting professional body.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, 5 of which must be at senior management level in government or reputable organization
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of best practice; techniques and methodologies relating to Finance and Administration;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Works well independently and as part of a team;
- Leadership and Management skills;
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented;
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-DFA-DIRECTOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.