About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Database Administrator to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE :DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
SALARY SCALE :FIA 6
REPORTS TO :SENIOR SYSTEMS OFFICER
- To support planning, development, maintenance, performance, integrity and security of the organization’s business databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in creating and optimizing FIA database systems.
- Assist in securing backup of the all-FIA data.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Participate in enforcing and documenting database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, accuracy, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Assist in Installation and testing new versions of the Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Assist in the commissioning and installing new database applications and customize the existing database applications in line with user requirements.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor degree in computer science; computer software/computer systems engineering; or information technology or any other related degree
- Professional certification such as Oracle Certified Developer (OCD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, accountability, professionalism.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Act, 2013 (as amended), Anti-Terrorism Act (as amended), and their accompanying regulations;
- Ability to review the Authority IT strategy and processes to ensure that they match with new value creating opportunities geared towards improving the performance of the existing processes;
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of business processes and making recommendations to Management for improvement;
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and skills of modern information technology practices;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to implement and design guidelines and standards associated with good IT governance;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff;
- Effective decision making, problem solving and mediation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-DA-DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.