About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Analyst (Operational Analysis) to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE : ANALYST (OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS)
SALARY SCALE : FIA 6
REPORTS TO :SENIOR OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS OFFICER
SUPERVISES : NONE
- To provide analysis support to the Operational Analysis Department through analyzing reports received from accountable persons, foreign financial intelligence units and other competent authorities or any other source.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze suspicious transaction reports, large cash and monetary transactions reports, cross border movement of cash and bearer negotiable instruments reports and international wire transfer reports filed by accountable persons and other competent authorities;
- Update and maintain databases of all reports submitted by accountable persons and information received from other sources, and ensure efficient record keeping of all information received;
- Generate intelligence reports for dissemination to relevant law enforcement agencies for onward submission to the Director Monitoring & Analysis;
- Draft responses to information requests from foreign financial intelligence units in a timely manner, either spontaneously or upon request;
- Generate responses to various correspondences from accountable persons and local competent authorities;
- Compile all statistics arising out of the information received, analysed and disseminated;
- Support the preparation of quarterly Departmental performance reports in a timely manner;
- Participate in designing and improving reporting templates to incorporate new developments and participate in training based on training needs assessment in the department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Law or related field.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of national and international AML/CFT legislations and regulations including the international protocols, instruments, frameworks and systems and FATF Recommendations;
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to organize and analyse multiple, complex data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure;
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-AOA-ANALYST (OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS)”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.