About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AUTHORITY, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Accountant to work in Uganda.
JOB TITLE : ACCOUNTANT
SALARY SCALE : FIA6
REPORTS TO : SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- To ensure transparency and accountability of finances in line with recognized accounting / auditing standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the preparation of the Authority’s financial policies, procedures and standards.
- Prepare staff payroll administration for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAYE and NSSF are made on a timely basis.
- Prepare up to date accounts, financial records and assets register.
- Verify completeness of payment requisitions, justification and documentation of financial transactions.
- Participate in the preparation of work plans, budget processes, and consolidate and facilitate the budget execution.
- Support in the preparation of sound internal financial management controls system and mechanism for monitoring to ensure compliance with regulations and efficient and effective management of financial resources.
- Preparation of routine and periodic financial statements and reports.
- Participate in the preparation of periodic reconciliations of financial statements to bank statements.
- Support in the external audit process.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An Honours Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting or an Honours Bachelor degree or any other related degree with a bias in accounting option obtained from a recognized awarding Institution
- Full professional qualification in Accountancy obtained from a recognized awarding Institution accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
- No experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of the Authority’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Should possess values of the Authority which include; integrity, confidentiality, Accountability, professionalism.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Financial and Management skills;
- Budgeting skills,
- Interpersonal skills;
- Experience in the use of automated accounting packages/system, as well as MS Office package;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Organizational and Administrative skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above should submit their applications accompanied by a cover letter, cv, certificates and testimonials and 3 referees, under the job vacancy “QSSU-FIA-ACC-ACCOUNTANT”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Sunday, February 05th 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.